• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What has happened to MCSG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppi11

Survivor
Reaction score
Okay, My thoughts go here as a previous moderator of these servers.

Even though Purewelshboy1 may be right in the fact that the total amount of player played on these servers, a lot of people are leaving.
I've been here since the start and I've seen the "Rise and fall" of the MCSG.

We all do mistakes, that is one thing the human race will never go around. The easy way is the most tempting one for sure. That is why we have hackers.

There are things I never approved of and that was the amount of sensoring that is on these forums.
While I do not mean that we should allow swearing, Simple things as people not liking a staff member should not be locked and be ignored forever(as I have seen before).

Now onto the staff team,
Back in the day when there were Chad, Karoleigh and C4, The standars for becoming a staff member was much higher than it is now, this is something I have noted.
I have also noted that the professionalism of staff members have been severly hurt these past few months.

This is all I have for now.
Thank you for your time,
Poppi.

P.S: Deleting this or creating a flame war over my thoughts is just stupid. I am saying my open and honest opinion, and I belive that all fellow people have a right to speak their mind without any hate.

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
Love for Narwhals? Hate for Baccas? 'OMFG HACKKEEEERRRR'?!?! 'OMFGGGG I GOT BANNED FOR HACKING'?!?!?!? This community is so poisoned I can't stand even staying here. No wonder we lost 50% of the playerbase to the Hive, because its so toxic that it hurts.

I have a friend whom was a 100% legit player. I've played with him in AU since the dawn of the server. He was banned for hacking one day. He made a Ban Dispute and he got unbanned because of lack of evidence. Then, he proceeded to applying for Moderator position, he got denied because he has been banned before and that they re-review his ban. Hilariously, the Sr. Mod whom replied to his application was the one whom unbanned him. He got banned after that and he told me that he would never ever come back to MCSG and he would continue on THv and League of Legends forever.
You make a really excellent point and I congratulate you on that. Especially the bit about narhwals (darkrai...) But quite honestly every bit of it is true. The MCSG community is failing and ignorant mods continue to act as if nothing is happening. Mods are the worst though. I cant find good friendly staff who'd help me with a situation without first accusing me of hacking or plainly rejecting a poke. The only reason I dont migrate to the hive is because I love these servers and the community on it and I believe its going to get better. But its going downhill way to quickly and someone needs to put a a stop to it.

Purewelshboy1

Career
Reaction score
Okay, My thoughts go here as a previous moderator of these servers.

Even though Purewelshboy1 may be right in the fact that the total amount of player played on these servers, a lot of people are leaving.
I've been here since the start and I've seen the "Rise and fall" of the MCSG.

We all do mistakes, that is one thing the human race will never go around. The easy way is the most tempting one for sure. That is why we have hackers.

There are things I never approved of and that was the amount of sensoring that is on these forums.
While I do not mean that we should allow swearing, Simple things as people not liking a staff member should not be locked and be ignored forever(as I have seen before).

Now onto the staff team,
Back in the day when there were Chad, Karoleigh and C4, The standars for becoming a staff member was much higher than it is now, this is something I have noted.
I have also noted that the professionalism of staff members have been severly hurt these past few months.

This is all I have for now.
Thank you for your time,
Poppi.

P.S: Deleting this or creating a flame war over my thoughts is just stupid. I am saying my open and honest opinion, and I belive that all fellow people have a right to speak their mind without any hate.
Yes, people are leaving although at the same time people are joining, its sad to see regular players go but we will just get on with it. Every gaming community has its peak and its fall, even though it might seem the downfall is now, we will blunder through this no matter what.

2nd of all your opinion on the professionalism of the MCSG staff can be argued. As I know it was much easier to get the moderator position back around the MCSG beta times. We literally have hundreds of people submiting moderator applications every week and only around 3-6 get accepted to be a moderator. Now there are also age restrictions which are much more strict that before. One Ex-moderator I know, he applied when the age limit to be a moderator was 18, he got accepted at 15. Even though there are moderators who possibly can improve them selves with general moderating skills you shouldn't let a few people change you're opinion on all of the MCSG staff, seems quite harsh to me.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Yes, people are leaving although at the same time people are joining, its sad to see regular players go but we will just get on with it. Every gaming community has its peak and its fall, even though it might seem the downfall is now, we will blunder through this no matter what.
Unfortunately, we have a lot of instigators here. I cannot say for whom am I talking about, but if you're reading this, you should know who you are. Back to the point, these new players are those people whom posts 'Donor kicks' threads unless they read the stickied thread on why you should not post these kind of threads (which is unlikely), some people will post on the page telling them 'If you don't like it, leave it' or 'If you hate MCSG, leave it' or 'If you don't want donors, leave MCSG'. Same thing happens in 'bug' or 'glitch' threads, instead of telling them on what's happening and that a developer will fix it, they instigate the new player to leave. There we go, we have new players leaving.

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we have a lot of instigators here. I cannot say for whom am I talking about, but if you're reading this, you should know who you are. Back to the point, these new players are those people whom posts 'Donor kicks' threads unless they read the stickied thread on why you should not post these kind of threads (which is unlikely), some people will post on the page telling them 'If you don't like it, leave it' or 'If you hate MCSG, leave it' or 'If you don't want donors, leave MCSG'. Same thing happens in 'bug' or 'glitch' threads, instead of telling them on what's happening and that a developer will fix it, they instigate the new player to leave. There we go, we have new players leaving.
I'm linking this to ChadTheDJ he needs to see this. Something needs to be done about this and he is probably the only one who could do anything about it.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
This topic was recently thought of when I was on League of Legends NA Forums, they were talking about toxic players and how its causing people to leave. I'm linking this to MCSG because there are just a lot of trolls on MCSG whom will hate for you live and apparently slept with your mother recently (lol). Also, summon Danielbess here!

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I actually think the community is beginning to pick itself up again...

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
What Hyst said.
but your opinion?? :p
This topic was recently thought of when I was on League of Legends NA Forums, they were talking about toxic players and how its causing people to leave. I'm linking this to MCSG because there are just a lot of trolls on MCSG whom will hate for you live and apparently slept with your mother recently (lol). Also, summon Danielbess here!
da fuq...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci