• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I'm getting a bit tired of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Do we need a official build team really? MCSG has done just fine without the competition as to who is going to be the official build team. And all this revamped map business leaves a bad taste in my mouth. While still nostalgic to an extent, it isn't what the community asked for which is The old beta lobby. Not a half arsed revamp done in two / three days because Chad lost all the saves for it (Really Chad? No offence but I would always keep the lobbies somewhere, just in case.) And the cherry on top is not telling us about it? Why oh why? I know you knew we wanted it but an announcement saying that a new lobby being put in would be nice instead of just one minute being the old TE lobby and one minute the new TE lobby.

In regards to TE becoming a official build team. No, just no. As much as I like the Fallen Empire there are much more capable build teams out there that would be suitable far more than TE. Team Swish, Red Forest and Olibear just to name a few. But as I mentioned in my opening sentence, a official MCSG build team would not work. It would result in too much competition between each Team and a lot more drama (Although I must admit the quality of maps would increase). There is only one possible solution and that is to take the most talented out of each team to make some sort of super team that would rival the best, but even that doesn't sit well.

In Conclusion:

New lobby = Big pile of meh

TE being official build team = pls no i fan.
Actually, only around half of the small forum community asked for the beta lobby back. In my opinion, Team Swish and Red Forest are good build teams, but they're either the same or worse than Team Elite. For Instance:

- Most of Moonbase 9's builds are basic spheres done with world edit. None of the builds are amazing.

- Treacherous Heights's builds are also nothing amazing. Terraforming is also mediocre because, despite the name, there's only one big mountain. The rest is small hills or flat land with a few trees here and there.

- Rugged Lands has great terraforming, but the builds are mediocre.

Now I'm not saying that Team Elite is better than Team Swish or Red Forest, but Team Elite's maps are not any worse than the other said teams.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I know. Team Elite is so annoying... I posted pics for my application and they claimed they weren't mine. I realize now that Team Elite actually sucks. :confused:
So you hate on Team Elite due to a personal issue? Not because of their build quality? Seems fair. /s
I remember once joining the teamspeak channel where they were kind of just starting team elite, they were making the first lobby that got accepted by TE. From what I heard I hated the team instantly, after seeing the work I thought they were good but still didn't like them. I have friends in TE and I've learned a lot about them, my friend isn't the greatest builder but after donating got accepted easily.

Since Team Variede left it almost feels like the build teams are as competitive as clans. This community hasn't bothered to get another official MCSG build team, they are just using who they think is the best team already. We need a proper MCSG build team picked out well by the higher staff.

Team Elite isn't the official build team of MCSG so they shouldn't be treated like it, many members are unprofessional and it is stupid they are getting treated like they are.
You gave no reasons in that post why you have a personal hatred towards Team Elite. The only thing you said was that they were "unprofessional", which isn't exactly fair, since you're judging an entire team based off of a couple of members.

Sixorr

Diamond
Reaction score
Here's my opinion, you PM someone (An admin, SR mod, even a community manager) and tell them about this kind of stuff. I'm sick and tired of all this "Drama" that doesn't need to happen. Yes, I too am annoyed by some of the staff, but a lot players are starting a lot of unnecessary drama, and I'm getting annoyed by that as well, so please PLEASE stop with all of this. I just came here to play a VIDEO GAME, not have all of this drama. If you're mad about some unjust thing a mod or any staff member did, PM someone, not make the whole thing a huge mess that will end up getting everyone mad. I'm not taking any sides, I've been staying out of the whole thing up until now, and the only reason I'm saying this is because I'm fed up with all of this. That's all I've got to say, so bye.

TL;DR STOP THE UNNECESSARY DRAMA!!!

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Here's my opinion, you PM someone (An admin, SR mod, even a community manager) and tell them about this kind of stuff. I'm sick and tired of all this "Drama" that doesn't need to happen. Yes, I too am annoyed by some of the staff, but a lot players are starting a lot of unnecessary drama, and I'm getting annoyed by that as well, so please PLEASE stop with all of this. I just came here to play a VIDEO GAME, not have all of this drama. If you're mad about some unjust thing a mod or any staff member did, PM someone, not make the whole thing a huge mess that will end up getting everyone mad. I'm not taking any sides, I've been staying out of the whole thing up until now, and the only reason I'm saying this is because I'm fed up with all of this. That's all I've got to say, so bye.

TL;DR STOP THE UNNECESSARY DRAMA!!!
This thread wasn't intended for drama, and in my opinion it hasn't gotten out of hand. We are trying to have a discussion on this matter, not a drama fight. Also, contacting a staff member would do absolutely nothing.

Sixorr

Diamond
Reaction score
This thread wasn't intended for drama, and in my opinion it hasn't gotten out of hand. We are trying to have a discussion on this matter, not a drama fight. Also, contacting a staff member would do absolutely nothing.
No, but this is one of the many threads that are really close to it happening, and my post was made for all the drama causing threads.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Although this was not attended for drama, drama has started. Many posts on this thread are just hate posts towards Team Elite.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Although this was not attended for drama, drama has started. Many posts on this thread are just hate posts towards Team Elite.
That's not my fault. In my post I stated that Team Elite is a fairly skilled build team, but I'm not happy with their builds. Nobody else is making "hate posts", they're simply stating that they don't like Team Elite. Not liking something is not a hate post.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
"Fallen empire is a fail too, Noone likes it. xD (My opinion)"

"Almost every other build team that has built something for MCSG>Team Elite"

"But then again, you're a mod. And most mods are automatically biased towards Team Elite... :3

"I know. Team Elite is so annoying... I posted pics for my application and they claimed they weren't mine. I realize now that Team Elite actually sucks. :confused:"

That's a list of some of the hate posts on this thread that do not contribute to the discussion at all. Of course, its not necessarily your fault, though the tone of half of the first post is extremely negative.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score

"But then again, you're a mod. And most mods are automatically biased towards Team Elite... :3

"I know. Team Elite is so annoying... I posted pics for my application and they claimed they weren't mine. I realize now that Team Elite actually sucks. :confused:"

That's a list of some of the hate posts on this thread that do not contribute to the discussion at all. Of course, its not necessarily your fault, though the tone of half of the first post is extremely negative.
All opinions to which people are entitled.

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score

And? These are just opinions. If someone suddenly shouted here "I love Team Elite!!!!" I'd think nothing less of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci