• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Downfall of MCSG?

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
I agree with this!!

Very true pearl :)
I think it's important to remember that people join and leave all the time- it's inevitable. But, when people start to blame their departure on the state of the community... There's obviously something wrong.
I find that the majority of players on the server are extremely pleasant to be around! However, as my grade 6 teacher always told me, a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. Only a small proportion of the community have to become toxic in order for the community to fall apart :/
Agreed. Hopefully we can come up with a community founded solution (which isn't toxic, as many solutions have been presented in a toxic manner) :D

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
I'm kinda just waiting for this thread to get locked or something.. I'm surprised no one higher has commented saying something..

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
NOTE: This is not meant to go against MCGamer in anyway, nor this is a mass demonstration.

I agree that MCSG is going downhill. For the past couple weeks, a crew of moderators and I have been moving people down conducting surveys about why MCSG is going down hill. Some members of my crew include (_Pyrrhic Ceroria Anadarko Jojo, and a few others.) We've done a lot of surveys, conducted a lot of opinions ideas, made reports and passed them on to senior staff. A lot of the problems in here were included in our report.

When I came back to the staff team I noticed almost all of these problems, and I did a bit of asking and it turns out these problems have been here for quite a while. After conducting the interviews I realized that almost all of the moderators felt this way. The reason why these problems weren't lifted up before? Simple as this. The mods don't want to talk to sr.mods. In fact community members in GENERAL don't want to report community issues to sr.staff. Why? Reputation.

Trust me, there has been a HUGE attitude change in the staff team in general. As soon as a sr.mod joins, a ton(Even more than before) kissing up, a huge shift in attitude, and behavior. Moderators are fighting over who gets to ban who now. And it's not more than just not properly working or "mistakes." It's the attitude that really upsets me. As soon as I joined the staff team, I felt like I just entered a race for Sr.Mod. Really, almost all the new mods or a lot of them are try-harding for sr.mod. And I KNOW I'm not the only one who feels like this. There are a lot of great staff members that have resigned for this very reason. People just want sr.mod so badly, that they suck up to them SO MUCH, that they don't even want to raise up clear issues within the staff team or server itself, just because they don't want their "reputation to be damaged."

As a person who knew the staff team back then and now, things aren't the same, and it isn't the natural change that occurs with any server, this is a toxic change.

By the way, none of this is my opinion, this is solid evidence. I've done so much research, experiments and a lot of different things to come through this basis. I didn't want to really make a thread about this, but I honestly feel like it is time I open up about this.

I'm sure a lot of you have heard about evolution. What happens when a species doesn't evolve to a changing environment? It perishes. We need to evolve, and hopefully we can do it. Once again, I'm not against MCGamer at all, I'm trying to support it anyway that I can. But I feel like I need to make my research and opinion public. We all need to support each other through this as a team, not compete with each other for a rank. So let's get a grip and bring the glory of this server back.
Amen.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
MCGamer obviously has a declination of players, more than what it naturally should be; it's no secret. Players are getting banned by our anti-cheat, leaving for other communities, getting bored with SG, or just simply moving on from Minecraft. MCSG/MCGamer has been around for around 3 years, so some of these are bound to happen and we will always have a declination in our playerbase because of that. We do have key issues that have been mentioned in this thread that have also been lowering our numbers steadily and I will drop it in our Slack and see what can be done about the issues.

Reaction score
one thing I think needs to be said: I'm so tired of community events that have nothing to do with the game, community or minecraft. Perhaps more events that encourage actual server activity would be best?

That was one of the whole reasons I made the party events a thing..
Well, the event that I'm suggesting kind of has to do with the community, because it would try to instate the potential that MCSG has and to exterminate of problems in the community.
I'm kinda just waiting for this thread to get locked or something.. I'm surprised no one higher has commented saying something..
If someone does lock this thread, it'll just show that they are trying to run away from their problems by locking a thread. That's not how it works. People'll just make more and more of these threads and it'll start becoming a popular situation and will have to be dealt with one way or another.

Reaction score
Just because some older players are leaving doesn't mean its coming to the end, It's just a newer generation of players coming through.

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
Just because some older players are leaving doesn't mean its coming to the end, It's just a newer generation of players coming through.
The problem is.. what new generation are you talking about? The whole thread is talking about lowered player count overall. If 'new gens' were simply replacing 'older players' the player count would roughly be the same. The playercount has roughly halved over the past year.

Reaction score
The problem is.. what new generation are you talking about? The whole thread is talking about lowered player count overall. If 'new gens' were simply replacing 'older players' the player count would roughly be the same. The playercount has roughly halved over the past year.
I realized I posted without looking through the necessary things, I didn't really know that the player base had decreased that much.

How did MCGamer originally start growing? Couldn't they just re-use that strategy..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci